Ask, and ye shall receive. Knock, and the door shall be opened unto you...



Before I went in to work today, I went downstairs and brushed off an old chair that the cats had been sleeping on. I put it into the passenger side of my bug, strapped it in, and hauled it into work. When I got to school I saw another woman carrying in a giant pink flamingo, so I didn't feel so terribly odd carrying a large plush red chair. For a moment, I wondered if I was starting to resemble that creepy guy in the basement in the movie Office Space with my irrational chair obsession. I unlocked my classroom door and opened it. Turned on the lights. I saw my desk with the ridiculous "pop art" sculpture that one of my students gave to me. And there, behind my desk, was... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... a big, cushy, deluxe, adjustable, rolly, blue, tacky, teachery, Global Malaga Series Executive High-Back chair, sapphire.



:)



I feel so appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment