Fulfilling My Adolescent Dream

Today, I got to substitute for a librarian! I know, I know. I have all the luck. This was my dream, as a youth. I attempted to volunteer at the Sebastopol Public Library once over the summer in high school, but the head librarian felt that I wasn't "committed enough" for the job. (Since when is donating your time for free not committed enough?) He never even gave me a chance.

But, alas, the tables were turned! Today, it was My Time to Shine!

Here is the special cart of books that I spent five hours re-shelving (picture taken three and a half hours in):


Doing all the library stuff required some librari-itious tools. Here is the biggest pair of scissors, ever:

And a giant pair of scissors just isn't complete without a gigantic tape dispenser:


Hooray! I have now been a librarian for a day.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Are you going to vote librarian, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be a librarian! You get to hang out in the library all day AND organize books? Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to be a librarian, but now you have to have a Master's degree in Library Science. Library Science! Isn't Literature good enough?

    ReplyDelete