Okay, you'll probably wonder at first why I'm posting this video



No, I don't know this girl. I'm not in the video. But the thing is, Isa Chandra Maskowitz wrote the best damn cookbook ever, Vegan with a Vengeance! Which is a vegan cookbook geared towards punk rockers! At first, these two things might seem a bit unrelated- vegan and punkrocker- until you think about it. How many vegans do you know? I know one. And she's a singer in a punk rock band. (A FANTASTIC punk rock band, I might add.)

I rest my case.

But wait, the real reason I love this cook book- beyond that it's cool and has great stories and such- is that it has absolutely the tastiest recipes I've ever tasted, from any cookbook, vegan or not. I originally checked it out from the library, then I decided I had to have it, now I've made ten or so recipes and they really do rock! All of them. They rock so hard, I don't even know how to describe it. And I haven't even gotten to the dessert section yet! And she even wrote a whole other book on cupcakes!!!! Oh MY GOD!!!!

5 comments:

  1. OMG! I totally agree! Those are the best freakin' recipes EVER!!! One could almost be vegan with that cookbook except that cheese, eggs, and, even, meat are kind of tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a carnivore, and that punk music is all just a bunch of god dam noise anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, you're an omnivore, not a carnivore (I've seen you eat nuts, veggies, and ice cream! Don't deny it!) and secondly, you turned me on to Allie's band, saying they were quite talented, so don't give me that, Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were so cute when you were little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh. The father-daughter tension on this page is palpable. I;ll stick with Brian. I agree- cheese, eggs and meat are tasty. But I love vegan stuff, too.

    ReplyDelete