The Flood

I'm sure Brian will soon be publishing pictures on his blog, but I just feel like mentioning that a lot of places around here are flooded! A few roads are closed due to bridges being out. One of our usual walking places had the bridge washed out. Olbrich Gardens is flooded in big parts- though prettier that way, I think. The ducks are loving it, of course. Everywhere you go, there are little lakes and streams that aren't usually there. It's pretty strange. It isn't supposed to rain all week, though, so maybe things will get better.

To follow up on the rising floodwaters entry: the Wisconsin Ducks (tour boats which go on land and water) were saving people from their flooding homes a few days ago. Now their website advertises a tour of the drained Lake Delton! Talk about taking lemons and making lemonade! It seems a bit twisted, but I have to admit, it's the only tour they've ever offered that I've ever had any interest in taking.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't comment on "a bit twisted"!! Lemons, lemonade, a bit twisted... Dad, you're off your game today!

    ReplyDelete