A Pleasant Waste of Time
I've been wasting my time watching Billy the Exterminator on Netflix instant. I'm with Neil Postman when he says that the best TV is really trash TV. This show is so freakin' awesome! Here are my top ten reasons I love this show:
10. The goth fashion. Billy wears spikes on his shoulders even! It was really funny when the church people tried to hug him.
9. Billy has the greatest attitude. It's all about helping people.
8. Billy's brother Ricky goes on a lot of jobs with him, and whenever they go to exterminate wasps, their mom says, "You better be careful because you got Ricky with you and you know he's allergic and if he gets bit I'm gonna have to kill him I'll be so mad." Every time! Every time!
7. The way they exterminate crocodiles is like this: one guy (Billy) wrestles the alligator to the ground and pins him while the other guy waits with some duct tape and tapes its mouth shut.
6. Billy always says, completely seriously, "We put safety first here at Vexcon!" (After he gets rid of the wasps with his allergic brother, wrestles an alligator, and puts a viper in a tub to release it into the wild later.)
5. They save everything and release it into the wild on someone's 100 acre estate. Everything: alligators, rattlesnakes, raccoons... everything except for the wasps.
4. This show makes me really happy to live in Wisconsin and not Louisiana, where it takes place.
3. Always when they are at the most dangerous point possible, some kid runs out of the house to see how it's going and almost gets killed.
2. Dude, if you counted how many times Billy says dude in an episode, it's like, dude, 300 times or something. Dude.
1. Billy is super nice to bats.