Congratulations, Ellen and Portia!


Wow, that's a first! That's right. The marriage of Ellen Degeneres and Portia de Rossi marks the first time ever that two stars whom I have always really liked have actually married each other!

Ellen is, of course, always funny, especially on her most recent show. I've been a fan of Portia since she was on Allie McBeal, which I loved watching, although I never really related to the main character (I was convinced that Allie herself must have been such a space cadet because she was starving to death). I liked Portia even more when I found out that her original name was Amanda Lee Rogers, and she changed it legally when she was fifteen. I guess she thought "Amanda Rogers" wasn't exotic enough! Due to some sort of archaic legal issue, Ellen and Portia didn't marry until very recently. Congratulations!

5 comments:

  1. "some sort of archaic legal issue..." - you really have a way with words! :)

    I'm not familiar with Portia's work at all, but I've always enjoyed Ellen when I've seen her on TV. Best wishes to the lovely celebrity couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the "archaic legal issue" terminology. And I just have to say that is one of the best wedding pictures I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really look great! Portia looks like a princess, and Ellen looks very comfortable with herself. I'm not sure how to describe her style. She always looks good, though. I like watching her old stand-up videos on youtube sometimes, from the eighties- she looked good then, too, but not quite as good, although she was really funny then, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ellen has always been one of my favorite celebrities. her stand-up material is absolutely priceless! "pickle claw... toilet paper claw"

    and of course, portia was BRILLIANT on ally mcbeal and arrested development.

    in the words of margaret cho, "any kind of love is fine... it's your HATE you have to watch."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope their marriage is still valid, after Prop 8!

    ReplyDelete