Not the Plague, after all

It turns out that I have Strep Throat. I felt kind of weird going to the Urgent Care this morning for a sore throat, but it was a really really sore throat, and now that I know I have Strep, I feel vindicated, as the final symptom of Strep (if not treated) is death. When Brian was reading me the symptoms, however, I was more concerned with "food odor". At least that wasn't me! It was the strep!

Not to worry, though. I've got my antibiotics. Foot odor will soon disappear (this is a most pressing issue for those of you who have never met me in person, I'm sure).

We had planned on recording our annual Christmas album this week-end, but I don't think that is going to happen this year. I can't muster any creativity or (obviously) sing right now, although Brian is getting very good at "We Three Kings" on the banjo. Too bad. Maybe we will do something on a much smaller scale, like record one song. And save it. For the second coming.

3 comments:

  1. I understand what you are going through. Have you tried fresh lemon. It works for me whenever I have a sore sore throat. Squeeze about half a glass and drink it straight, you will tell me all about it. Hope you are ok, not seen you in a while?
    I am looking forward to some updates on your recording when you are fully better...
    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strep throat can kill you? Yikes!

    Honey and lemon, definitely! As gross as it is, a salt water gargle helps too.

    Hope you're feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strep makes a person feel so miserable! I hope your antibiotics kick in soon, and you feel much, much better!

    ReplyDelete