"Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" gets 2,000 DHB's

This book combines found photographs and a few monsters to spin an excellent yarn. The style of it works for me, as well. The descriptive writing is excellent. The story keeps a good pace. It's not incredibly scary, but it is exciting and creepy. There is also most definitely an element of the supernatural.

The thing that really makes it work for me are the pictures, though. If you like looking at other people's poorly taken pictures, if you ever have sorted through photos at a flea market and found yourself making up stories to go with the photos, then this may be your book.


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

I give it 2,000 DHB's.

x 2,000



1 comment:

  1. I find the DHB a confusing unit of measure, because it looks quite disgusting, which makes me think a lower number is better.

    ReplyDelete