Sex Doesn't Matter

So, this David Patraeus fellow- he has served us well. Really. I mean, I didn't agree with the Iraq war and all, but he served his country well. He's given his entire life in the service of this country.

And now, how does his country repay him? We accept his resignation because he had an affair.

I just don't get it. What does that have to do with the amazing service he has given us? How ungrateful can we possibly be, as a nation?

Dwight D. Eisenhower supposedly had an affair with his chauffeur, Kay Summersby, during WW II. No one suggested Eisenhower resign. I may be mistaken here, but I believe he had a few notable achievements, in spite of his alleged transgressions in the bedroom.


Supposedly, about one fifth of people who are married have an extramarital affair at some point. I guess we should investigate the entire married population, and if they are having affairs, make sure that they resign their jobs, before they help win a world war for us and become president. No one wants that scum around, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment