I'll see it when I believe it.

I've been reading Joel Solatin's book, You Can Farm. It's a well written book about how to make money farming with holistic methods.

One of the things Solatin rales agains in the beginning of the book is the tendency of people to just flat out not believe that old fashioned farming can be profitable. He says that people are so turned against farming that he can actually show someone his farm, but they still don't believe. The saying used to be, "I'll believe it when I see it," but he thinks it should be changed to, "I'll see it when I believe it." It's like they have to believe it before they can see it, so entrenched are they in the idea that farming is not profitable.

I'm also reading a book by Eckhart Tolle. He says that people tend to create a story to go with the world, and if something doesn't fit with your view of the world, you don't see it.

So, this is what I've been thinking about in the back of my mind a bit (Tolle would say I shouldn't be thinking at all- sorry Eckhart) and my assistant principal sends me this:



!

No comments:

Post a Comment