The Best Free Stuff: Lovecraft

So many good things these days are free. I thought I would start a little series here of what I've found to be of most value, for free! Starting with good reads:

H.P. Lovecraft was one of the greatest horror authors of all time. He wrote a slew of works that are so completely original and bone chilling- well, I just don't know what. And now it's all so old that it's public domain! You can download his stories for free. More details here.

I have to confess that it's been awhile since I've read Lovecraft. I'm putting it on my to read list: re-read all of Lovecraft. What makes it all memorable is that these horrible situations- completely outlandish monsters- people decaying inexplicably- these things are believable, and you think, hey, it could happen! What's not to love there?

Free. You, too, can start to worry that your limbs might start falling off for no real reason.

Also, as an added bonus, if you really get into Lovecraft, you can be one of those people who knows what this is all about:



Unless, as Groucho Marx once said, "I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."


No comments:

Post a Comment