The Life Pastoral: Duck Edition

When I went outside this morning, five of the ducks (all of them Mallards) were outside of the electric fence. I opened up part of the fence, and instead of everyone else going out, the five who had escaped went back in. Home bodies, I guess.

They stayed inside their fence with the gate open until about five PM this evening. They timidly ventured forth. Little Z said,

"One of them looked me in the eye. I think he wanted to kiss me!"

I soon discovered that their favourite food is dandylions! I should have let them out a long time ago. Now I am about to go out and see if they decided to go back home for the night, so I can protect them with the electric fence. I hope so!



Update: The ducks went home for the night. Good ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment