Rent-A-Ram

It was a beautiful cold morning.
And an exciting one, too, because a plan that had been in the works for over a year was finally happening: we were having a ram come live with us for a while! 

A ram is not something you can just pick up at Walmart. It's more of what I call, "The Grey Economy." You have to call around, and know a person who knows a person. Luckily, though, we already knew a person who had a Jakob's ram who was not too closely related to ours, but the only catch was that he was just a baby. Which explains why this has been in the works for over a year: he had to grow up!

Up is a relative term. He's a very small ram- a runt, really. But I like runts. I read Charlott's Web. This runt's name is Pontiac (after the potato)*.

He's the handsome devil with the four big horns. I don't think he knows what to make of the turkeys! 

The price in the grey economy to rent a ram? Seven pounds organic chicken meat. What a deal.

And in five months, we might have lambs! 

* I didn't know a Pontiac was a potato. I'm taking their word on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment