Things I Love About Two Year Olds

The simple conversations. There are generally two types.

Type 1: Mastering the Obvious

Little Z: "I got two eyes. Two eyes. Daddy? Daddy got two eyes?"

Daddy: "Oh, let me see here. One. Two. Yep! I got two eyes! And they're both the same size."

Little Z: "Mommy? Mommy got two eyes?"

Me: "Yes, yes. I have two eyes."

Daddy: "Are you sure?"

Me: "I think so."

Daddy: "Are they both the same size?"

Me: "Probably."

Type 2: Bossing People Around

Little Z (armed with drawing implements): "Draw zebra!"

Me: "Okay."

Later...

Little Z: "Choo choo train! Play with choo choo train!"

Me: "Okay."

Later...

Little Z: "Sit down!"

This one's my favorite. She always says this when I'm cleaning.

Me: "Okay."

Later....

Little Z: "Do puzzle!"

Me: "No. I don't like puzzles."

Little Z: "Me do puzzle self. My puzzle. Mine. Me do self."

2 comments:

  1. Tell your hubby that I love that "Two Eyes" song! (Does he sing it in a Cookie Monster voice?)

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our vinyl copy of the song, it's not Cookie Monster. It's the real people singing it, the grown-ups. My husband does have a great Cookie Monster voice, though. On one Christmas album he sang "I'm Looking Through You," very much like Cookie Monster. (I bet you didn't know Cookie Monster played the mandolin.)

    ReplyDelete