The Bee Chronicles: 2


Remember, we bought four, three pound boxes of bees on Sunday?

After we got home, we refreshed ourselves. Then we went about putting the bees into their new homes.

We had two bee hats and three bee keepers, so BAH took one bee hat, Little Z took another, but I had none. I put my hoody sweatshirt on over my head and pulled the string taught.

First bee house, we did swimmingly. Entrapped the queen with a marshmallow that she would then eat through and escape from from the cage with later. We dumped all of the bees in the box. Little Z passed tools to us. One down, two to go!

The second bee house was across the field. We went out there and tried to do it all again, but a bee got onto my hoodie, right by my eye. The bee got really angry. You could tell it was angry, because usually, bees hum a little bit. Bzzz. Bzz. Bzz. This one was like,

"BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ!!! WTF??? BUZZZ BUZZ BUZZ!" FLAPPING HIS LITTLE WINGS AND MOVING HIS LITTLE STINGER AROUND RIGHT NEXT TO MY EYE!

The fact that this bee was sitting next to my eye was disturbing. I have excellent eyesight. It was very clearly trying to do something about that. He seemed to be stuck to the edge of my hood. I started shuffling around, moaning like a zombie and trying desperately to take off my sweatshirt without being stung by a bee. There were other bees around, too, and they suddenly seemed very very pissed off as well. So, as the bee's stinger was right next to my eye and I was twirling around in circles with the terrible, involuntary moaning sound coming out of me, and Little Z was asking me some incoherent thing, and BAH was shutting up the bee's house--

To be continued...

1 comment: